Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Even Amongst the Fear...Love Always Wins

Some people are going to be angered by this, some people are going to hate me for this, but some people will get it.

I took Death and Dying last semester and ever since I have been paying attention to the denial of death in American Culture. Yesterday a tragedy struck Boston. It home for me because the firm that my dad works for is based out of Boston and my dad spends a lot of time in the area of the finish line. Innocent lives were lost yesterday. Death is sad. I cried. I cried a lot. And then I became angry when I saw an image on Facebook of a little girl with the words "heaven gained another angel today." 1. She didn't die.  I don't even know if she ran in the marathon. 2. A little boy did dye.

People died yesterday and it wasn't because God needed more angels. People died yesterday because our world is broken and shattered.

I think that Mitch Albom said it best in Tuesdays With Morrie:
"So, which side wins, I ask."
"Which side wins."
He smiles at me, the crinkled eyes, the crooked teeth.
"Love wins. Love always wins."

No comments:

Post a Comment