Sunday, July 14, 2013

My Soul Cries

 But you, O Lord, reign forever;
    your throne endures to all generations.
 Why have you forgotten us completely?
    Why have you forsaken us these many days?
 Restore us to yourself, O Lord, that we may be restored;
    renew our days as of old—
unless you have utterly rejected us,
    and are angry with us beyond measure.

[Lamentations 5:19-22 NRSV]

My soul cries
            Where is light?
My soul begins to believe the lies.
            God is not here- the fortress has lost its might.

My eyes wander the pages
            the promises of the Lord.
My eyes search for the peace
            that is rumored to be found in the Word.

My spirit fights
            to believe what is true
My spirit does not delight.
            Where is the grace anew?

My heart cries out
            for the love of the world.
My heart shouts

            God has abandoned the world.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being. What has come into being In him was life, and the life was the light of all people. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not overcome it. [John 1:1-5 NRSV]

My soul cries
            for it has found the light!
My soul stops believing the lies.
            God is here-the fortress is might!

My eyes wander the pages
            the promise of the Lord.
My eyes find in the pages
            the peace that is found in the Word.

My spirit no longer fights
            to believe what is true.
My sprit delights.
            There is grace anew!

My heart cries out
            for the love of the world
My heart shouts
            God has not abandoned the world!



You are a hiding place for me;
    you preserve me from trouble;
    you surround me with glad cries of deliverance. [Psalm 32:7 NRSV]

God is our refuge and strength,
    a very present  help in trouble.
Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change,
    though the mountains shake in the heart of the sea;
though its waters roar and foam,
    though the mountains tremble with its tumult. [Psalm 46:1-3 NRSV]


O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good,
    for his steadfast love endures forever.
O give thanks to the God of gods,
    for his steadfast love endures forever.
O give thanks to the Lord of lords,
    for his steadfast love endures forever; [Psalm 136:13 NRSV]

No comments:

Post a Comment