Sunday, May 1, 2011

What if?

So about half an hour ago I learned that Osama Bin Laden is dead.
I understand that he is responsible for the death of thousands of innocent lives but there is no reason to be celebrating.
As much as people don't like to admit it he is a human being. I 'm not saying what he did was right because it wasn't. But he was still a human. A human created by God in the image of God.
I am a pacifist and a universalist so no I am not thrilled that someone was murdered, regardless have what they did.
I have seen so many Facebook status within the past hour that were negative and should not have been posted by people who claim to be Christians. Jesus taught us to love one another and to forgive and that revenge is a bad thing. And yet tonight Christians  rejoicing because of a lack of love, a lack of forgiveness and a need for vengeance.

And for those non-univeralists reading this, just think about this as you celebrate Bin Laden's death; What if he realized that he made a mistake? What if he asked God to forgive him? and for you evangelicals; what if he became a "born-again" Christian?

Let's stop judging people. Let's accept the fact that we are not God and in God's eyes we are all equal.

"if  we're supposed to preach hate then I'm a Buddhist." -Agape

go in PEACE.live PEACE. be PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment