Sunday, October 2, 2011

The "Perfect" Church

There are a few things in life that frustrate me.  Ok, there are a lot of things in life that frustrate me. Recently one thing in particular has been very frustrating (you may or may not be aware of the fact that  I want to go to seminary and become a pastor one day); too many people make the assumption that I want a mega church that has millions if not billions of dollars in the bank.
I'm saying that I don't want to be the pastor at a mega church and I'm saying that I don't want to be a pastor at a church that is financially secure. What people don't seem to understand and I what I find frustrating is that I don't want to be a pastor because of the salary.
I would rather have a congregation of homeless people who truly love God, a budget of $0 a month, a salary of $0 a month than a mega church full of people who live in mansions, a budget of millions of dollars a month, and salary of millions of dollars a month, and people who really don't know what it means to be in a relationship with God because they are to busy strengthening their relationship with money.
I grew up in a small church that for being a small church has an impressive budget,  but people don't know what it is like to live in love. I briefly attended one of the "mega" churches back home, but I didn't form relationships with people.
For me the "perfect" church is comprised of people who let their lights shine so bright sunglasses are a necessity when being in the same room together. The "perfect"church is comprised of people who don't criticize others just because they receive some sort of welfare. The "perfect" church is comprised of people who strive spread the love of Jesus like peanut butter like I do on bread (all the way to the edge of the bread) or in this case the ends of the earth. The "perfect" church sees a need in the community and they fix it, no one thinks about replacing the church carpet (which probably doesn't need to be replaced) they just see a hungry family and buy them food.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that for me the "perfect" church is comprised of people who have made the decision to be peanut butter in a world made of bread.


go in PEACE. live PEACE. be PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment