Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Tonight

Tonight I have but one prayer
A most ancient of calls to O Lord my rock and my redeemer-
Comfort O comfort my people.
Tonight I have but one question-
How long O Lord?
Tonight I have but one song in my heart-
"Guide me o my great redeemer"
Tonight my soul is weary and burdened
but strangely calmed by your peace that passes all understanding.
To you O Lord I look-
for thy word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.
In you O Lord I find refuge-
for you are the rock of ages.
In you O Lord I find hope-
because even in the darkest night the light shines in the darkness and the darkness cannot overcome the light.
In you Lord I find hope-
for you are the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob that never leaves or forsakes us.
Hear my prayer O Lord.
Comfort your people O Lord for we are broken and searching for the light in the darkness.
Tonight I have but one wish-
Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. For you O Lord, my God, my rock, my refuge, my light, and my song can make all things new.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment