Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Snap-on, Snap-off

Yeasterday's sermon was on snap decisions and it got me thinking about snap decisions I have made in the recent past. A few of the decisions were made when I was still trying to be Superangie and when I stopped being Superangie the decisions were no longer needed and the people that they involved were no longer a part of my life. So I was doing really good at not being Superangie until today; I am still friends on a social networking site with one of the people who is no longer a part of my life and he messaged me today to see if everything was ok. Which in my world it is, but in the world of three people who are no longer a part of my life my not being prestent to treat like crud is a big deal. Part of me still hasn't completely abandoned Superangie and this part of me wants to try and fix things. Yet I know that fixing this would be going against everything that God made me to be and that is more negative than a few status updates about me on a social networking site. I made a snap decsion to let these people back into my life because I thought that I was doing the right thing. I obviously wasn't. Snap decisions can be harmful when we try to please ourselves but what I am slowly learning is that they can be even more dangerous when we try to please others. But some snap decisions can be good; like today I made the snap decision to get a bottle of water instead of a soda. Sure it would have been better if I had remembered to fill my Nalgene bottel but such is life. Snap decisions like the one I made to let people back into my life were not so good; infact they were negative for everyone involved. So as we all travel in this crazy world together I think we should all work on thinking about our actions before we do them; after all we only get to do this life once and it should be all about the "relentless prusuit of who God made" us to be.

go in PEACE. be PEACE. live PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment