Sunday, December 16, 2012

Lost For Words

No matter how hard I try I cannot find the words to describe what I am feeling today. I am one of those people who believes in letting the music speak when I cannot so I compiled some quotes that in some way describe at least a little of what I am feeling.

"Oh come desire of nations bind/ In one the hearts of all mankind/Bid thou our sad divisions cease/ And be thyself our King of Peace/ Rejoice Rejoice/ Emmanuel shall come to thee o Israel" Oh Come Oh Come Emmanuel

"These are the hands that built the mountains/ the hands that calm the seas/ These are the arms that hold the heavens/ they are holding you and me/ These are the hands that healed the leper/ Pulled the lame up to their feet/ These are the arms that were nailed to a cross/ to break our chains and set us free" Safe (Phil Wickham)

"This is love, this is hate/ We got a choice to make/ Why do we think that hate's gonna change their heart/ We're up in arms over wars that don't need to be fought/ Pride won't let us lay our weapons on the ground/ We build our bridges up just to burn them down/ We think pain's owed apologies and then it'll stop/ Truth be told, it doesn't matter if they're sorry or not/ Freedom comes when we surrender to the sound/ Of mercy and Your grace, Father, send Your angels down" Loosing (Tenth Avenue North)

"Take my life and let it be/ consecrated, Lord, to Thee/ take my moments and my days/ Let them flow in endless praise/ Take my hands and let them move/ At the impulse of Thy love/ Take my feet and let them be/ Swift and beautiful for thee/ Take my voice and let me sing/ always, only for my King/ Take my lips and let them be/ filled with messages from Thee." Take My Life

"And the arms that hold the universe/ are holding you tonight/ you can rest inside/ it's gonna be alright/ and the voice that calmed the raging sea/ is calling you His child/ So be still and know He's in control/ He will never let you go" Arms That Hold the Universe (Fee)

"You are peace You are peace/ When my fear is crippling  You are true You are true/ Even in my wandering/ You are joy You are joy/ You're the reason that I sing/ You are life You are life/ In You death has lost it's sting/ Oh I'm running to Your arms/ I'm running to your arms/ The riches of your love/ Will always be enough/ Nothing compares to your embrace/ Light of the world forever reign" Forever Reign (Hillsong)

"And love will hold us together/ Make us a shelter to weather the storm/ And I'll be my brother's keeper/ So the whole world will know that we're not alone." Hold Us Together (Matt Maher)

"Yes, I am Almighty God your Father/ the Risen Son of Man/ the healer of the broken/ and when you cry/ I am your savior and redeemer/ Who bore the sins of man. The Author and Perfecter/ Beginning and the End/ I am" I Am (Mark Schultz)

"All around/ Hope is springing up from this old ground/ Out of chaos life is being found in You/ You make beautiful/ You make beautiful things out of the dust/ You make beautiful things/ You make beautiful things out of us." Beautiful Things (Gungor)

go in PEACE. live PEACE. be PEACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment